The MHRA has requested that all Yellow Card reports are submitted digitally instead of on paper, during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Digital methods include:
- the Yellow Card website
- the free Yellow Card app; downloadable from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store
- through some clinical IT systems (EMIS/SystmOne/Vision/MiDatabank) for healthcare professionals
Any patients who do not have online access to report a Yellow Card can instead call 0800 731 6789 for free, Monday to Friday between 10am and 2pm. A message can be left outside of these hours.
Medical Devices adverse incidents
Please note, there are different ways for healthcare professionals to report a problem with a medical device in Scotland or Northern Ireland. If you are in England or Wales, please report any problems with medical devices online using the Yellow Card website.
Please use the Yellow Card website to report information on suspected problems or incidents involving:
- a defective medicine (not of an acceptable quality).
- a falsified product (fake medicine or fake medical device).
- safety concerns associated with e-cigarettes or their refill containers (e-liquids)
Further online information gives information on what to do if someone has reported a suspected side effect using a paper Yellow Card after 17 March.