- Does a doctor need to check CDs?
- Are we storing our CDs correctly?
- What are CD register requirements?
- How do we manage requisition forms?
- How do we manage CD returns and destruction properly?
These, and other common CD conundrums, will be tackled as part of the DDA 2020 conference, taking place online between Tuesday 13-Thursday 15 October.
The presentation on CDs, Controlled Drugs – Updated information for dispensing practices (including Q&A), takes place on Thursday 15 October at 1.15pm. DDA Board Members Drs Ben Burgess and Philip Koopowitz will also be on hand to answer any particular CD questions that you might have.
The entire online DDA conference programme includes a DDA Exhibition Room (open daily 12-5, except during DDA presentations), where registered delegates will be able to ask questions of the DDA Board, and to visit the conference exhibitors, whose support makes these free events possible.
Other presentations included in the DDA 2020 Conference Live programme are as follows:
Tuesday 13 October
- 1.15pm:The State of Dispensing – Dr Richard West (Chairman DDA)
- 2pm: DDA AGM (members only, requires separate registration by 12pm, Monday 12 October. Papers now available online).
Wednesday 14 October
- 12-5pm Exhibition room open (except for during DDA presentations)
- 1.15pm: Recapturing lost dispensing (including Q&A) – Mark Stone and Matthew Isom
- 2.00pm Sponsored session by BD Rowa. Automatically safe dispensing – solutions to optimise your medication management.
Thursday 15 October
- 2.00pm Sponsored session by Dispensing Doctor Solutions. Remedies for increasing dispensary profitability
Registering for the DDA 2020 conference also entitles delegates to access the DDA Q&A sessions in the Exhibition Room, and the Best Practice conference programme on a dip-in, dip-out basis, as your schedules allow.
Among the speakers at Best Practice are:
- Richard Vautrey, Chair, British Medical Association’s General Practitioners Committee
- Baroness Dido Harding, Chief Executive, National Institute for Health Protection (NIHP)
- Minal Bakhai, Deputy Director and National Clinical Lead for Digital Primary Care, NHSX
- Andrew Menzies-Gow, National Clinical Director for Respiratory Services, NHS England & Improvement
- Steve Holmes, GP, Park Medical Partnership
- Tracey Dell, Practice Business Manager, LMC Trainer, PMA Consultant
- Minesh Patel, Chair, NAPC
View the full programme and register online
The next in-person DDA conference, alongside Best Practice, will now take place on 13-14 October 2021 at The NEC Birmingham.