The Department of Health and Social Care has announced the final Category M adjustment for 2019-20.
Nine products have been added and two deleted in the quarter four adjustment; some 334 products have reduced in price and 267 increased. Nine products have seen their price rise by at least 50 per cent and three reduce by the same amount.
In detail, the new additions are
- Amiodarone 200mg tablets x28
- Carbocisteine 250mg/5ml oral soln x300ml
- Cyanocobalamin 50mcg tablets x50
- Haloperidol 1.5 mg and 5mg tablets x28
- Flucloxacillin 250mg/5ml oral solution x100ml
- Midazolam 10mg/2ml solution for injection ampoules x 10
- Sulfasalazine 500mg gastro-resistant tablets x 112
- Trimethoprim 50mg/5ml oral suspension sugar free x100ml
The deletions are:
- Indoramin 20mg tablets x60
- Terazosin 2mg tablets x28
DDA members can visit the library of Category M updates to view the detail of the price changes, and history, sorted by price order, price increase and percentage price increases.