The DDA has put together six questions for dispensing GPs and their teams to ask Parliamentary election candidates at local hustings events.
The six questions you could ask your local candidates (or adapt to local circumstances) are designed to support the DDA’s election rural manifesto:
- How will you ensure that all parties involved have a voice in a consultation affecting their services and that all such parties are fully considered in the supporting impact assessment?
- How will you improve the rural-proofing of NHS policy and NHS funding formula to adequately recognise the increased costs of health service delivery in rural areas?
- What will you do to protect the rural GP dispensing service?
- Will you visit a rural medical practice to see how they act as a hub for local communities, creating skilled jobs for local people, and reducing social isolation?
- What promises will you make, and by when, to improve the rural infrastructure, particularly, public transport and broadband?
- What are your views on the importance of dispensing income to the sustainability of high quality rural general practices?
Hustings events are an opportunity for you to find out more about the candidates, their views on issues affecting the wellbeing of local areas and what they aim to do if elected to represent you in Parliament.
Contact your local representatives to find out when your local hustings will take place.