The DDA 2020 conference live starts up on Tuesday 13 October at 1.15pm with an overview of ‘The State of Dispensing’ by DDA chairman Dr Richard West (Chairman DDA) and DDA CEO Matthew Isom.
The 45-minute presentation, including the opportunity for Q&A, will include a review of past and future events affecting dispensing, including the following:
- COVID-19 delivery service and local lockdown
- ‘Dispense to all’ Regulation 61
- EPS – switching on in dispensing practice
- Category M adjustments and the effect on dispensing practice.
The DDA conference 2020 takes place Tuesday-Thursday 13-15 October 2020 (12pm – 5pm each day).
The online conference programme includes a DDA Exhibition Room (open daily 12-5, except during DDA presentations), where registered delegates will be able to ask questions of the DDA Board, and to visit the conference exhibitors, whose support makes these free events possible.
Following the DDA’s ‘The State of Dispensing’ address, other presentations included in the DDA 2020 Conference Live programme are as follows:
Tuesday 13 October
- 2pm: DDA AGM (members only, requires separate registration by 12pm, Monday 12 October. Papers now available online).
Wednesday 14 October
- 1.15pm Recapturing lost dispensing (including Q&A) – Mark Stone and Matthew Isom
Thursday 15 October
- 15pm Controlled Drugs – Updated information for dispensing practices (including Q&A) – Drs Ben Burgess and Philip Koopowitz (DDA Board Members)
- Time tbcUsing technology to improve dispensing
Registering for the DDA 2020 conference also entitles delegates to access the DDA Q&A sessions in the Exhibition Room, and the Best Practice conference programme.
Among the speakers at Best Practice are:
- Richard Vautrey, Chair, British Medical Association’s General Practitioners Committee
- Baroness Dido Harding, Chief Executive, National Institute for Health Protection (NIHP)
- Minal Bakhai, Deputy Director and National Clinical Lead for Digital Primary Care, NHSX
- Andrew Menzies-Gow, National Clinical Director for Respiratory Services, NHS England & Improvement
- Steve Holmes, GP, Park Medical Partnership
- Tracey Dell, Practice Business Manager, LMC Trainer, PMA Consultant
- Minesh Patel, Chair, NAPC
View the full programme and register online
The next in-person DDA conference, alongside Best Practice, will now take place on 13-14 October 2021 at The NEC Birmingham.